This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

A A A

Fifth Judicial District Court

Tribunal del Quinto Distrito Judicial

English Español

Chaves County Courthouse

Chaves County CourthouseThe Fifth Judicial District Court was organized in 1889 and consisted of the counties of Socorro and Lincoln. Chaves, Eddy and Lea Counties had not been created then and were part of Lincoln County. In 1889, Chaves and Eddy Counties were created. They were to remain part of Lincoln County until January 1, 1891, and be attached to the Third Judicial District. However, an Act of Congress approved July 10, 1890, created five judicial districts in the Territory of New Mexico. The Counties of Socorro, Lincoln, Chaves and Eddy constituted the Fifth Judicial District. In 1903, Roosevelt County was created and attached to the Fifth Judicial District.

back to list