This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)


Second Judicial District Court

Tribunal del Segundo Distrito Judicial

English Español

Most Popular Pages

Páginas más visitadas

"Citizens in a democracy have a fundamental right to have access to public records.

This right is recognized by the New Mexico Legislature through the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, §§ 14-2-1 et seq. ("IPRA"), and by the New Mexico Supreme Court, which stated in 1977 that a citizen’s right to know is the rule and secrecy is the exception…"

Downloadable Compliance Guides
This guide is aimed to inform the public, state and local government agencies, and all other public bodies subject to the Act about the Act's requirements and application.

Submitting an OMA and/or IPRA Complaint

Inspection of Public Records Complaints

Written complaints concerning potential Inspection of Public Records Act violations submitted to our office should include:

  • Specifics regarding the allegation
  • Description of the public body of which records are being sought
  • Copy of the written request for inspection of public records
  • Other supporting documentation

Requests or complaints should be sent to Second Judicial District Court Administration.

Mailing Address

Custodian of Records
Court Administration
Second Judicial District Court
PO Box 488
Albuquerque, NM  87103

Disclaimer:  All efforts are made to ensure that information and links are accurate and current. However, users should not cite this information as an official or authoritative source and are advised to independently verify all information. Visitors to this site agree that the Second Judicial District Court of the State of New Mexico is not liable for errors or omissions of any of the information provided. Information contained on this web site should in no way be construed as legal advice. Users should contact an attorney if they require legal assistance or advice.