New Mexico Courts
Guide & File
Self-represented litigants (Pro Se) can now use a free online service to prepare and populate court documents for filing in person at the Court
Guide & File is an easy-to-use application to help Pro Se litigants generate legal documents for certain types of case filings. Much like popular tax preparation software, it guides users through a series of questions to automatically generate New Mexico court forms. These self-guided interviews can be completed anytime, from anywhere.
- Create an account in order to save your answers and your forms
- Answer online questions to prepare the case filing
- Automatically create legal documents for free
- Print the documents to file in person with the Court
Currently, you can access any of the self-guided interviews below
- New Mexico Free Process – about 45 minutes to complete
- New Mexico Divorce Petition (with or without children) – an hour or more to complete
- New Mexico Divorce Response (with or without children) – an hour or more to complete
- Divorce With Children – Completing Your Divorce – an hour or more to complete
- Order of Protection from Domestic Violence – about 45 minutes to complete
Please see the self-help guides below to understand the process for filing for divorce in New Mexico, to see the lists of information and paperwork you’ll need to complete the legal forms you’ll file with the Court, and to prepare yourself for using Guide & File.
To Get Started, Click Here: Guide & File